By the Noble Shaykh Saalih as-Sahaymi (may Allah preserve him) mentioned in his class in The Prophet's ﷺ Masjid in Madinah entitled, "Statements that One should Beware of"
- Laxity in cursing. The meaning of cursing is being expelled from the mercy of Allah. The muslim is not one who curses and uses foul language, attacking the people verbally.
- I put my trust in Allah and on you. It is not permissible to equal the servant with Allah because he is a servant of Allah.
- If it wasn't for so and so then such and such would not have happened
- Swearing by other than Allah. This is from Shirk. Whoever swears by other than Allah has disbelieved or committed Shirk. Swearing by divorce is from the lesser form of Shirk. This is considered divorce. Some of the Ulamaa consider it to be an oath. A: It is lesser shirk. B. It is an innovated type of divorce. C. The person puts himself in the situation to be separated from his wife.
- Calling upon the attribute of Allah. This is Shirk. The attribute is not a deity on its own, rather it is (an attribute) established by the essence of Allah.